Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A much needed get away with the family

I had a chance to get away with my beautiful wife and two kids last weekend and it was amazing. God really did build us where we could decide to work all of the time or not. I do believe even more now that his plan was for us to rest every once in a while and realize what we really work for. I only have a couple pics taken by James. His wife is a photographer from Roseville CA. She had a shoot with a news company that day and you can see it here. So we had the amazing opportunity to do a little fishing at Folsom lake with our kids.

NOAHS FIRST FISH EVER. He is a little spoiled now because that was his FIRST cast. I did not believe him when he said that he had one on. I looked up and his pole was shaking like crazy. He was so excited. On the other hand he did not want to touch it or go near it (that is why he is on the other side of the fish in the photo).

Photobucket

Then I hooked into this monster. I was planning on keeping it and having some fresh bass for lunch but when I was stringing this baby up Noah asked "Daddy, what are you doing". I told him "I am keeping this one so we can eat it". Noah responded "Does that mean that he will die". At this point I realized that we had not talked about this. So I let him go. We don't fish a lot but I understand that I am now a catch and release kind of guy. haha. At least when Noah is with me.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a MONSTER! Congrats to Noah on his first cast :) Glad you were able to get away and get a break, man. Looking forward to connecting soon!

Shaun Austin said...

thanks for posting jeff. i am excited to get down to SD and hang.